Early Career Framework January Update
New ECT Registrations
Thank you to all the induction tutors who have registered ECTs who have started this term.
If you have a new ECT and haven’t yet registered them, then please follow the steps below to register them to ensure that they have full access to the ECF, are registered with an Appropriate Body and that your school receives the correct funding:
If you are a new school you will need to fill the ‘Register your School’ blue box, on the right of this document.
If you don’t have an account for this you can click ‘request access’ at the bottom and it will talk you through the process of getting on.
Induction Day for new Year 1 ECTs in the January Cohort is 26th January at The Heath Conference Centre in Runcorn, WA7 4QX.
Induction Day for new Mentors is 1st February at The Heath Conference Centre in Runcorn, WA7 4QX.
How to Register an ECT Withdrawal
There are many times during the school year, when an ECT may leave a school. Don’t forget to let us know so we can withdraw them from the ECF programme and pause their training until they take up a new post.
In order to confirm a change in circumstance or withdrawal, please email email@example.com and include:
- ECT/Mentor name and school.
- Change or withdrawal reason.
- If a deferral (such as for maternity leave) the expected return date.
- If an ECT is leaving, whether the mentor will continue training or withdraw.
Keeping Track of ECT Progress
Feedback from induction tutors has highlighted that they can’t always access Brightspace to enable them to keep up to date with the progress of their ECT and mentor’s training.
From January 2024, Teach First are updating their data to ensure that the individual they have registered as Induction Tutor for each school matches the individual registered on the DfE Service. This will ensure that their data is as up to date as possible and will mean schools will only have to update any change in role in one place. This will mean:
- The registered Induction Tutor will be the same person for all cohorts (matching the DfE Service).
- They will have access to Brightspace and be able to audit the progress of all ECTs and Mentors who are active on our programme.
- This person will receive all Induction Tutor communication from Teach First including bulletins, registration reminders and engagement updates.
ACTION: To make sure that Teach First have the most up to date data, please check that:
- The individual registered on the DfE Service as Induction Tutor is the correct person as per the information above, and changes are processed promptly.
- The individual is registered with their full name and their own email address.
For local questions about the ECF offer from Generate Teaching Hub please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.