Information for ECTs
The Early Career Framework (ECF) is a fully-funded, two-year package of structured training and guidance for Early Career Teachers (ECTs).
The ECF is at the heart of the Department for Education’s teacher recruitment and retention strategy to transform the support teachers get at the beginning of their careers. It’s informed by the best available research and ensures you have the dedicated time you need to focus on your ECTs’ development.
All Early Career Teachers, no matter how they initially trained, will be required to complete the ECF. The training starts at the beginning of a teacher’s first year in teaching and continues throughout the following year.
As a guide being involved in the ECF with Generate Teaching Hub will involve over two year:
- An annual Induction of 6 hours
- Access to a dedicated online learning platform called Brightspace
- Self-directed study equal to 45 min per half-term
- 11 Seminars of 90 minutes in length in Year 1
- 6 Seminars of 90 minutes in length in Year 2
- Weekly mentoring with your in-school mentor (moving to fortnightly in Year 2)
- Serving good practice
The ECF supports your induction and provides you with a training package as you start your career in teaching.
Part time teachers can complete the ECF in just two years, even if their Induction with the Appropriate Body takes longer.
If you have questions about the ECF and your participation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org