EEF Special Educational Needs in Mainstream Schools
EEF Resources for SEN in Mainstream Schools
The EEF has published guidance for supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
Containing evidence based recommendations to support pupils with SEND, providing a starting point for schools to review their current approach and practical ideas they can implement.
This free resource includes details on the following recommendations:
- Create a positive and supportive environment for all pupils without exception.
- An inclusive school removes barriers to learning and participation, provides an education that is appropriate to pupils’ needs, and promotes high standards and the fulfilment of potential for all pupils. Schools should:
- Promote positive relationships, active engagement, and wellbeing for all pupils;
- Ensure all pupils can access the best possible teaching; and
- Adopt a positive and proactive approach to behaviour, as described in the EEF’s Improving Behaviour in Schools guidance report