Leadership NPQs Halton, Warrington and Wigan
Generate Teaching Hub is proud to be working with Best Practice Network (BNP) to deliver FULLY FUNDED National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) to colleagues across Halton, Warrington and Wigan area.
Generate Teaching Hub is coordinating local cohorts of teachers to complete each NPQ, using experienced school leaders from our area.
The frameworks for the NPQs have been updated and expanded for Autumn 2021 and draw from the very latest evidence and research into pedagogy, behaviour, curriculum and more.
To provide support to school leaders the three leadership NPQs have been updated and extensively reformed, each one is now:
- Fully funded to state school teachers (subject to checks)
- 18 months in length
- Provides 6 hours of induction
- Blends 4(SL) / 5(H) / 6(EL) days of facilitated training with 3 online learning courses (38 hours)
- Offers 10 hours performance coaching
- 20(SL) / 28(H) / 34(EL) hours of formative assessment tasks, to support the in-school application of learning
- With a summative assessment completed over an additional 3 months.
The three leadership NPQs available are:
- NPQ for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
For those who are, or aspire to be, senior leaders leading across a school.
- NPQ for Headship (NPQH)
For those who are, or aspire to be, headteachers leading across a whole school (an additional level of personalised coaching can be provided to new headteachers with this course).
- NPQ for Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
For those who are, or aspire to be, executive leaders with responsibility across more than one school.
The DfE announced in October 2021 that ALL leadership NPQs were fully funded to state school applicants (subject to checks). Prices for the NPQs for other applicants are:
- NPQSL £1,140
- NPQH £1,980
- NPQEL £4,095
Full details for each of the NPQs can be found in this brochure.
How to Apply
To apply individual applicants must go to www.outstandingleaders.org/npq and complete the application form. When registering please ensure you select Generate Teaching Hub from the drop down when prompted; this will help ensure your access to local delivery. You will then be directed to also register on a DfE portal.