Key Reports & Policies
Key Reports & Policies
There are regular updates and announcements related to teacher training and development that school leaders should be aware of.
We have listed in date order below recent education policy and reports published by the Department for Education and key national agencies:
Academic Year 2023/24
- 01.11.23 The EEF has published 3 reports into the recruitment and retention of staff around flexible working, workload and leadership driving culture.
- 27.10.23 NCETM’s Director Charlie Stripp summarise his learning from the recent Ofsted Maths subject report.
- 18.10.23 The Institute for Government has published a staff retention report analysing and comparing the experiences of the education, the police and health sectors.
- 13.10.23 The Minister of State for Schools, Nick Gibb, sent a letter to all schools in England updating them on the delivery and forthcoming developments to the Early Career Framework.
- 19.09.23 The National Youth Agency has published the Better Together report on youth work agency engagement and impact upon schools.
Academic Year 2022/23
- 11.07.23 An updated Reading Framework was published by the DfE.
- 28.06.23 A series of reports have been published into workforce recruitment & retention from independent organisations, the DfE and Ofsted
- 10.05.23 Ofsted Independent Review of Teachers’ Professional Development in Schools: Phase 1 Findings – View a summary poster from the Teaching School Hubs Council
- 11.04.23 The findings of the first wave of the working lives of teachers and leaders survey.
- 30.03.23 Evaluation of the first full year of the Early Career Framework 2021/22.
- 26.01.23 Findings from the interim review of the reformed National Professional Qualifications.
- 13.12.22 Ofsted Annual Report 2022 including reference to the impact of Covid-19, staff shortages and the instability children and young people have experienced.
- 05.12.22 Briefing Number 4 on Mental Health & Wellbeing from the national study into the affects of Covid-19 on young people’s mental health.
- 18.11.22 The first round of new Stronger Practice Early Years Hubs have been launched by the National Children’s Bureau.
- 17.11.22 The DfE have now published the results of the Appropriate Body consultation and the role of Teaching School Hubs as the local Appropriate Body provider from September 2023.
- 09.11.22 The DfE have published the full list of Accredited Providers able to offer Initial Teacher Training from September 2024.
- 31.10.22 Ofsted report into the importance of school leaders setting a clear strategy for reading (access the full research report here).
- 20.10.22 The Federation for Education Development have published a consultation report on setting a long term plan for education in England.
Academic Year 2021/22
- 13.07.22 DfE have updated the guidance for schools on Behaviour and school suspensions and exclusions.
- 01.07.22 DfE July 2022 Governance Update.
- 14.06.22 The final report of the Times Education Commission, an independent review into education.
- 18.05.22 NFER Racial Equality in the Workforce report.
- 12.05.22 A series of policy statements on the Schools Bill have been published.
- 26.04.22 Ofsted’s Strategy 2022 to 2027.
- 29.03.22 SEN Review (Green Paper) for consultation (until 22nd July 2022).
- 28.03.22 Education White Paper ‘Opportunity for All’ – summaries of the white paper are also available from the RSC and NGA.
- 23.03.22 NFER Teacher Labour Market in England: Annual Report 2022.
- 11.03.22 Letter from Robin Walker, Minister of State for School Standards announcing changes to the implementation of the Early Career Framework in 2022/23.
- 01.12.21 The DfE has announced an ITT Market Review.
To receive up to date information from Generate Teaching Hub please join our mailing list by messaging email@example.com.
Please note Generate Teaching Hub does not endorse nor are we responsible for the contents of each report, document or website linked above. We are sharing the information to inform and offer school and trust leaders access to insight. Readers are advised to critique and assess material using their own professional expertise and experience. Recommendations for information to share or feedback on links is welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org