NPQ in Senior Leadership
NPQ in Senior Leadership
Generate Teaching Hub is proud to be working with Best Practice Network (BNP) to deliver FULLY FUNDED National Professional Qualification in Senior Leadership to colleagues across Halton, Warrington and Wigan area.
Who is the NPQSL for?
An NPQ in Senior Leadership (known as NPQSL) is suitable for teachers who are or aspire to be, senior leaders leading across a school. For more information on the content and structure of this updated programme please download a brochure.
Generate Teaching Hub is coordinating local cohorts of teachers to complete the NPQSL, using experienced school leaders from our area. Cohorts start in September and February in each academic year.
What is involved in an NPQSL?
The frameworks for all NPQs have been updated and expanded for Autumn 2021 and draw from the very latest evidence and research into pedagogy, behaviour, curriculum and more.
To provide support to school leaders the NPQSL has been updated and extensively reformed, and is now:
- Fully funded to state school teachers (subject to checks);
- 18 months in length;
- Provides 6 hours of induction;
- Blends 4 days of facilitated training with 3 online learning courses;
- Offers 10 hours of performance coaching;
- Requires 20 hours of formative assessment tasks, spread throughout the programme, to support the in-school application of learning;
- With a summative assessment completed over an additional 3 months.
How much does an NPQSL cost?
There is currently no cost for teachers from state schools. The DfE announced in October 2021 that ALL leadership NPQs were fully funded to state school applicants (subject to checks and availability). The price for the NPQSL is normally £1,140.
This full funding is limited and subject to change, so prompt applications are recommended.
To apply individual applicants must take two steps:
Go to www.outstandingleaders.org/npqsl and complete the application form. When registering please ensure you:
- Have informed your line manager of your application and identified a ‘sponsor’ to endorse your application.
- Choose DfE Scholarship funding from the Introduction tab for the fully-funded option.
- Select Generate TSH from the drop-down menu in the Engagement route section – this will help ensure your access to local delivery.
You will then be directed to also register on a DfE portal to ensure your eligibility.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join our service, or call 07897 280909.