Maths Hub ITT Mentor Training
Specialist Maths Hub training for ITT Mentors
A collaboration between two local Maths Hubs, has seen the creation of bespoke mentor training in the principles of Teaching for Mastery for mentors of training teachers in the North West.
The DfE are ensuring Teaching for Mastery principles are central to the maths professional development facilitated by approved ITT providers. With this in mind, the Maths Hubs are helping to support our mentors to effectively coach and mentor our trainees and observe maths lessons through the lens of Teaching for Mastery Principles.
ITT mentors are encouraged to register if they are able to commit to BOTH parts of the training:
- Observing a live lesson, taught by a specialist, and,
- A follow-up session on effectively observing the teaching of maths
Please see the poster below for more information and to sign up. It is expected that these places will go quickly as they will be offered to all primary ITT mentors across Greater Manchester and Warrington.
The in person lesson observation, relevant to your phase and setting, are scheduled for:
- Primary Event: Tuesday 5th March 9:30am – 11:30am Wilbraham Primary School, Platt Lane, Fallowfield, Manchester, M14 7FB
- Secondary Event: Thursday 25th January 9:30am – 11am Loreto Grammar School, Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4AH
The two follow on, online twilight sessions for Primary and Secondary staff are being held on these dates:
- PRIMARY ITT Session 1, Thursday 9th May 2024, 3:45 – 5:15pm
- PRIMARY ITT Session 2, Thursday 6th June, 3:45 – 5:15pm
- SECONDARY ITT Session 1, Wednesday 15th May, 3:45 – 5:15pm
- SECONDARY ITT Session 2, Thursday 13th June, 3:45 – 5:15pm
If you have any queries, please contact the maths hubs direct on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org