National Professional Qualifications
Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC)
Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
Leading Literacy (NPQLL)
Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL)
Early Headship Coaching Offer
Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
**New** Small Schools Grant
Generate Teaching Hub coordinate, with the support of trusted local lead schools, National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) for teachers and school leaders in Halton, Warrington and Wigan.
NPQs are a growing suite of professional development programmes specifically designed to support high quality teaching and school leadership. Reformed in 2021, they now offer bespoke packages of specialist and leadership qualifications essential to staff development.
For state funded schools staff members can access ALL NPQs on a fully funded basis until the academic year 2023/24. This will can save thousands of pounds from a school’s annual staff development budget.
Specialist NPQs allow teachers to dive deep into practice around topics such as literacy, behaviour, teaching and teacher development. Teachers can complete more than one specialist NPQ in turn to broaden their professional development.
Leadership NPQs are valuable qualifications for colleagues wanting to move further in their school leadership roles. The suite of NPQs suits teachers aspiring to be leaders, developing those in headship roles and for colleagues seeking executive headship opportunities. An additional leadership NPQ for early years leaders is also now available, as well as a package of specialist support for new headteachers.
For other training needs or questions not listed on our website please contact 07897 280909 or email email@example.com.
NPQs start twice in a school year – October and February – to apply and find out more about which NPQ is right for you click on the links below.
- NPQ in Leading Teaching – for teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject or year. For example, head of subject, key stage head or head of department
- NPQ in Leading Behaviour & Culture – for teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school. For example, head of year or roles with other pastoral responsibilities.
- NPQ in Leading Teacher Development – for teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school, for example CPD lead or ITT lead.
- NPQ in Leading Literacy – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading literacy across a school, year group, key stage or phase.
- NPQ in Early Years Leadership – for leaders qualified to at least level 3 with a full and relevant qualification who are, or are aspiring to be: childminders with leadership responsibilities; managers of private, voluntary and independent nurseries; headteachers of school-based or maintained nurseries.
- NPQ in Senior Leadership – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities.
- NPQ in Headship – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- NPQ in Executive Leadership – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, an executive headteacher or have a school trust CEO role with responsibility for leading several schools.
How to Apply
Take time to read and research the right NPQ for you; and ensure you have your headteacher’s endorsement to proceed. Every NPQ applicant will need to complete TWO actions to obtain a place and the full funding:
1st – Choose a provider and submit your application:
Best Practice Network for NPQs in Leading Teaching, Leading Teacher Development, Leading Behaviour and Culture, Senior Leadership, Headship or Executive Leadership.
Message firstname.lastname@example.org to join our mailing list and receive notification to apply.
Early Years practitioners would be wise to get to know the updated reading framework. In July...
Hi everyone, hope you are well. Every half term I will be writing a BLOG about all things early...
ECT InductionsAll of our 2023/24 ECF Inductions will take place in the Autumn Term and are...