National Professional Qualifications
Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC)
Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
Leading Literacy (NPQLL)
Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL)
Early Headship Coaching Offer
Executive Leadership (NPQEL)
**New** Small Schools Grant
Generate Teaching Hub coordinate, with the support of trusted local lead schools, National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) for teachers and school leaders in Halton, Warrington and Wigan.
NPQs are a growing suite of professional development programmes specifically designed to support high quality teaching and school leadership. Reformed in 2021, they now offer bespoke packages of specialist and leadership qualifications essential to staff development.
For state funded schools staff members can access ALL NPQs on a fully funded basis until the academic year 2023/24. This will can save thousands of pounds from a school’s annual staff development budget.
Specialist NPQs allow teachers to dive deep into practice around topics such as literacy, behaviour, teaching and teacher development. Teachers can complete more than one specialist NPQ in turn to broaden their professional development.
Leadership NPQs are valuable qualifications for colleagues wanting to move further in their school leadership roles. The suite of NPQs suits teachers aspiring to be leaders, developing those in headship roles and for colleagues seeking executive headship opportunities. An additional leadership NPQ for early years leaders is also now available, as well as a package of specialist support for new headteachers.
For other training needs or questions not listed on our website please contact 07897 280909 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NPQs start twice in a school year – October and February – to apply and find out more about which NPQ is right for you click on the links below.
- NPQ in Leading Teaching – for teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject or year. For example, head of subject, key stage head or head of department
- NPQ in Leading Behaviour & Culture – for teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school. For example, head of year or roles with other pastoral responsibilities.
- NPQ in Leading Teacher Development – for teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school, for example CPD lead or ITT lead.
- NPQ in Leading Literacy – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading literacy across a school, year group, key stage or phase.
- NPQ in Early Years Leadership – for leaders qualified to at least level 3 with a full and relevant qualification who are, or are aspiring to be: childminders with leadership responsibilities; managers of private, voluntary and independent nurseries; headteachers of school-based or maintained nurseries.
- NPQ in Senior Leadership – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities.
- NPQ in Headship – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- NPQ in Executive Leadership – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, an executive headteacher or have a school trust CEO role with responsibility for leading several schools.
How to Apply
Take time to read and research the right NPQ for you; and ensure you have your headteacher’s endorsement to proceed.
Every NPQ applicant will need to complete TWO actions to obtain a place and the full funding:
- Choose a provider (such as Best Practice Network or Teach First – both work with Generate Teaching Hub to provide local cohorts of learners).
- Register on the DfE portal
We will announce when applications re-open for the next cohort start in October 2022.
NEW DfE Golden Thread Webinar - Thursday 7th July On Thursday 7 July, the DfE will host a webinar...
Update on New Curriculum Body In the schools white paper, the Department for Education (DfE)...
Warrington Early Years Professional Development Project in partnership with the Aspirer Research School
Warrington Early Years Professional Development Project in partnership with the Aspirer Research...
Want to improve your classroom practice? Develop as a leader? Why not study for an NPQ? NPQs provide world class training and are fully funded. We work with Best Practice Network and Teach First to deliver programmes. Visit @bestpracticenet @TeachFirst Read More
📣Are you an Early Career Teacher ready to start their first post in September? Are you a school ready to welcome an ECT in September? Find out more about the Early Career Framework: Read More
Want to know more about the DfE Golden Thread of Development? Join this webinar to find out how teachers are supported at every stage of their career from ITT, the ECF and NPQs. Full details on our website @educationgovuk Read More
Our annual satisfaction survey is now open for comment from school leaders, teachers, teaching assistants and support staff in schools across Halton, Warrington and Wigan. Share your views: Read More
In the schools white paper, the DfE announced their intention to establish a new arms-length curriculum body which builds on the success of Oak National Academy’s work in the pandemic. A free webinar for schools will take place on: 4th July 5-6pm. @OakNational @educationgovuk Read More
A bespoke course for EYFS practitioners in Warrington, will, through an EYFS lens, focus on a different guidance report in each module and the theme of Social and Emotional Learning woven throughout. For more information visit: Read More
Warrington STEM are holding their first annual STEM Conference which includes a variety of sessions across science and computer science for Primary and Secondary colleagues. For more information about this event please see our website: @NCETM @tcat_uk Read More