Reading for Pleasure Project
St. John Vianney English Hub Reading for Pleasure Project
St John Vianney English Hub is offering all primary schools the opportunity to take part in an up-coming English Hub led Reading for Pleasure Project.
The Transforming School Reading Project (TSRC) programme is a sustained, research based CPD programme aimed at primary English Leads. During the course of the programme participants will engage deeply with reading for pleasure pedagogy and leadership theory to transform their school’s reading culture. Participants will attend 5 sessions and complete gap tasks in between sessions. Those who commit will be expected to attend all sessions.
- Understand the research underpinning RfP practice and pedagogy
- Widen knowledge of children’s literature
- Transform whole school reading culture in your school
- Develop the leadership skills to initiate and sustain change
- Become advocates for RfP and share experiences and best practice
The programme will run for the whole academic year 2021-2022. Sessions will start early October 2021.
Places are limited, St John Vianney English Hub will be recruiting 20 participants from 20 different schools. If you are interested and able to commit to the programme, please complete the form. https://bit.ly/3imbvjz