Wigan Cross Curricular Maths & Science Work Group
Cross Curricular Maths & Science Work Group in Wigan
NW3 Maths Hub are now recruiting for a Cross Curricular Maths and Science Work Group. This will be an exciting opportunity to collaborate with colleagues within your school and with like-minded others to achieve the following outcomes:
- Gain a thorough appreciation of the mathematical content covered in the science curriculum
- Gain knowledge of the examples, models and methods that can support the delivery of this content in both subject areas
- Explore, develop and implement practical, sustainable models for the maths and science department to work together.
- Achieve a more cohesive learning journey for pupils within these two key subject areas.
All sessions will be held at Up Holland High School, Sandbrook Road, Orrell, Wigan, WN5 7AL
Time commitment is 4 half days over the year, it is important that both maths and science are represented at each session.
Dates for the first two sessions have been confirmed as:
- Session 1: 04/01/23 1:30 – 4pm
- Session 2: 15/03/23 1:30 – 4pm
- Session 3: TBC
- Session 4: TBC