NPQ Executive Leadership
Access the Leadership NPQs at no cost!
Generate Teaching Hub is proud to be working with Best Practice Network (BPN) to deliver this fully funded National Professional Qualification in Executive Leadership to colleagues across Halton, Warrington and Wigan area.
The NPQ in Executive Leadership is suitable for leaders who are or aspire to be, executive leaders with responsibility across more than one school – download a brochure.
Generate Teaching Hub is coordinating local cohorts of teachers to complete the NPQ, using experienced school leaders from our trust local school partners as facilitators. This means you get to learn alongside your peers and build local links of support, advice and ideas.
The frameworks for the NPQs have been updated and expanded since Autumn 2021 and draw from the very latest evidence and research into pedagogy, behaviour, curriculum and more.
This NPQ is designed to support the development of school leaders. It will involve a committment to:
- Fully funded to state school teachers (see below);
- 18 months in length;
- Provides 6 hours of induction
- Blends 6 days of facilitated training (including aresidential) with 3 online learning courses;
- Offers 10 hours performance coaching;
- Requires 35 hours of formative assessment tasks, to support the in-school application of learning;
- Summative assessment completed over an additional 3 months at the end of the programme.
This NPQ is the only programme organised on a regional basis for delivery, so senior leaders can develop a wider peer network. BPN also provide national leaders to facilitate the training events.
In October 2021, the DfE announced all NPQs are fully funded for state school teachers until the year 2023/24. For other applicants, the price of this NPQ is £4.095. Leaders are eligible for the funding if they work in one of the following:
- state-funded schools
- state-funded 16 to 19 organisations
- independent special schools
- virtual schools (local authority run organisations that support the education of children in care)
- hospital schools not already included in other categories of eligible organisations
- young offender institutions
- Local authority employed supply teachers will also be able to access scholarships.
How to Apply
To apply individual applicants must:
- Go to BPN’s NPQ Executive Leadership page and complete the expression of interest form (applications will be formally reopened during June 2022). When registering please ensure you select Generate Teaching Hub from the drop down when prompted in the ‘Engagement Tab’ – this will help ensure your access to local delivery.
- You will then be directed to also register on a DfE portal to confirm eligibility.