NPQ Leading Teaching
Access the Specialist NPQ in Leading Teaching at no cost!
Generate Teaching Hub is proud to be working with Best Practice Network (BPN) to deliver this fully funded National Professional Qualification in Leading Teaching to colleagues across Halton, Warrington and Wigan area.
The NPQ in Leading teaching is ideal for teachers who are, or aspire to, lead teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase – download a brochure.
Generate Teaching Hub is coordinating local cohorts of teachers to complete the NPQ, using experienced school leaders from our trust local school partners as facilitators. This means you get to learn alongside your peers and build local links of support, advice and ideas.
The frameworks for the NPQs have been updated and expanded since Autumn 2021 and draw from the very latest evidence and research into pedagogy, behaviour, curriculum and more.
To best address the broad range of responsibilities of current and aspiring middle leaders, this is one of four specialist NPQs that have been introduced which support alternate career development. The NPQ in Leading Teaching is:
- Fully funded to state school teachers (see below);
- 12 months in length;
- Blends 3 days of facilitated training with 3 online learning courses (34 hours);
- Offers 6 hours performance coaching;
- 18 hours of formative assessment tasks, to support the in-school application of learning;
- Summative assessment completed over an additional 3 months.
In October 2021, the DfE announced all NPQs are fully funded for state school teachers until the year 2023/24. For other applicants, the price for each NPQ are £899. Teachers are eligible for the funding if they work in one of the following:
- state-funded schools
- state-funded 16 to 19 organisations
- independent special schools
- virtual schools (local authority run organisations that support the education of children in care)
- hospital schools not already included in other categories of eligible organisations
- young offender institutions
- Local authority employed supply teachers will also be able to access scholarships.
How to Apply
To apply individual applicants must:
- Complete BPN’s application form here:
2. Confirm eligibility and register on the DfE portal here: