NPQ Leading Teacher Development
Access the Specialist NPQ in Leading Teacher Development at no cost!
Generate Teaching Hub is proud to be working with Best Practice Network (BPN) to deliver this fully funded National Professional Qualification in Leading Teacher Development to colleagues across Halton, Warrington and Wigan area.
The NPQ in Leading Teacher Development is ideal for teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school, for example Induction Tutor, ECF Mentor, CPD lead or ITT lead. – download a brochure.
Generate Teaching Hub is coordinating local cohorts of teachers to complete the NPQ, using experienced school leaders from our trust local school partners as facilitators. This means you get to learn alongside your peers and build local links of support, advice and ideas.
The frameworks for the NPQs have been updated and expanded since Autumn 2021 and draw from the very latest evidence and research into pedagogy, behaviour, curriculum and more.
To best address the broad range of responsibilities of current and aspiring middle leaders, this is one of four specialist NPQs that have been introduced which support alternate career development. The NPQ in Leading Teacher Deevlopment is:
- Fully funded to state school teachers (see below);
- 12 months in length;
- Blends 3 days of facilitated training with 3 online learning courses (34 hours);
- Offers 6 hours performance coaching;
- 18 hours of formative assessment tasks, to support the in-school application of learning;
- Summative assessment completed over an additional 3 months.
In October 2021, the DfE announced all NPQs are fully funded for state school teachers until the year 2023/24. For other applicants, the price of this NPQ is £899. Teachers are eligible for the funding if they work in one of the following:
- state-funded schools
- state-funded 16 to 19 organisations
- independent special schools
- virtual schools (local authority run organisations that support the education of children in care)
- hospital schools not already included in other categories of eligible organisations
- young offender institutions
- Local authority employed supply teachers will also be able to access scholarships.
How to Apply
To apply individual applicants must:
- Go to BPN’s Leading Teaching Development page and complete the expression of interest form (applications will be formally reopened during June 2022). When registering please ensure you select Generate Teaching Hub from the drop down when prompted in the ‘Engagement Tab’ – this will help ensure your access to local delivery.
- You will then be directed to also register on a DfE portal to confirm eligibility.